Sign in to follow this  
bluslc

Head lamp Switch !!

Does any one know why on my corrado head lamp switch gets very hot or some one had similar problem ??

so far I have replaced two switches... :mad:

Do you have high wattage bulbs fitted? If so then it is advisable to fit an uprated wiring loom.

If not, then check the wiring, fuses,etc. The switch runs a little hot anyway, but if have replaced 2 switches then something is wrong.

Do you have high wattage bulbs fitted? If so then it is advisable to fit an uprated wiring loom.

If not, then check the wiring, fuses,etc. The switch runs a little hot anyway, but if have replaced 2 switches then something is wrong.

thanks Jon as far as i am concern i have standerd bulbs.

who sells uprated wiring loom in UK ??

we can do you a wiring loom mate mail order if you want? but make shure this is the problem first? mind you the uprated loom will make the headlights alot better than they are on all std corrados.

did you think anymore about selling your grill ?

what kind of price do the uprated looms go for vfunk?

(of course with the forum discount applied :wink: )

I have uprated bulbs on my 1.8 16V, I think they are 90/110w bulbs and I've never noticed "switch heat"! Don't know if this means anything, or I'm just being unobservant.

we can do you a wiring loom mate mail order if you want? but make shure this is the problem first? mind you the uprated loom will make the headlights alot better than they are on all std corrados.

did you think anymore about selling your grill ?

let you know next week(GRILL)!! as you know i am on my way to essen...

i will call you about wiring loom once i have done few checks ..

thanks

How you doing Sukh?

The headlight switch is quite a common problem on C's anyway as you propbably already know. You just may have been very unlucky :(

Otherwise, yours would have originally come with US spec headlights (you think Euro headligts were bad!!) From memory it looks like yours have been upgraded to Euro, thing is you can't just drop in Euro headlights - the wirings different so it would have been modified.

I'd get the wiring checked out first mate and definitely upgrade with the loom. Worth bearing in mind it may already have one when the conversion was done.

HTH

Amit