Sign in to follow this  
Teji

Bypass Matrix

Alrite Corrado Lovers,

GOing to by a new corrado and basically the heater matrix has gone and the car is using coolant, how can i bypass this, any how to guides on how to by pass it.

Also, it has blown where the pipes go into the head, is this the heater matrix or could it be something more servre ??

There is coolant on the bonnet where it has blown.

if its blown on the engine side of the bulkhead then that sounds like a hose rather than the matrix - when people say its gone, its normally to suggest that the exchange element within the dash is corroded and leaking.

to bypass it you just need a double-sided plastic connector and cable-tie the pipes away from the exhaust

My concern was the water in the footwell, he did say that he had a slight cooling problem and had the coolant tank bottle lid replaced.

So i was thinking heater matrix, i wont know till i get it home and have a proper look at it, any idea on a how to, so i can by passs the matrix,

If i do bypass the matrix will it be a big problem ??

it could still be the matrix, am just surprised you say it resulted in coolant onto the bonnet, but then that could have been from something else and the matrix has still gone. anyway, bypassing it is fine and at least then you'll know if there's still a problem somewhere else if there were still leaks.

My plan was to bypass it and search for leaks, how do i bypass it, any how to guides ???

unclip the pipes from the matrix where it sticks through the bulkhead (when engine is cold). stick the end of each one onto the plastic connector you've bought from a plumbers shop and top up the coolant if lots came out. job done!

Yea, i thought so, my question was do i need to connect them to each other or just use a stop end to kill the circuit so to speak.

no, if you stop the circuit then you wont have any coolant circulating around your engine and you'll blow up very quickly! :)

you just need something like this:

matrix bypass.jpg[/attachment:2cfw1si1]

not sure how much more i can explain it! disconnect the 2 hoses from the matrix in the bulk head, connect them to the connector and its done! i would find a picture but as you mentioned the hoses and the matrix etc. already i've been assuming you know which ones they are? if not then you can look in the matrix replacement threads and they'll show you the ones, but its the only 2 water hoses that go through the bulkhead of the car.