Sign in to follow this  
4eyes2wheels

Selling to a european for export?

Selling my bike today to a polish guy who is taking it back to Poland today and then he is selling it on.

All fine in theory, have already been paid in legit cash and his "guys" are collecting it this afternoon.

Not clear what to do on the V5. There is a section for Export but I think that is if I export it. :help:

Anyone got experience of doing this please?

Yep. Permanent export in V5. Fill it and send away. Did it when left my S3 in Poland.

You are correct in that the section on the V5 for export is for use if you are personally exporting it.

There are two ways you can do this, which you do depends on how much you trust the buyer.

First way is to hand the V5 over to the new owner and trust them to re-register it in their country.

Second way is to put their details in the new owner section of the V5 & post it to the DVLA in Swansea, The DVLA will not be able to register it in their name & they will post the V5 to the new owner at their address with a letter attached telling them to take the V5 to their registration authority to register it.

i dont think you want to get involved in the complication of the export process then. just fill out the bits for a sale and potentially write a letter to the DVLA with all your and his details telling them what he's planning just to cover yourself. as long as you have the bit of the v5 you should as a seller they cant hold anything against you