Sign in to follow this  
ridders

Early/Late Panels - Any Difference?

Have an early (1990) 16v and am replacing both doors and probably both wings. Have found some but am told they are off a late VR6. Pictures of them look the same as mine (without the dents and rust) and have the rubber strips. Any reason why these wont fit my car? same question as the wings?

yes mouldings for door cards are different. wings are differnt shape to allow for change in shape of bonnet/headlights.

may be more differences but they are the ones i know of

the doors will fit, and you can fit your door cards to the later doors with no modifications... although you may have to swap the plastic fittings over from your doors, but that's not exactly difficult!

The late front wings are slightly wider at the arch, (more flared) but otherwise will fit... they'll just make your wheels look like they're another 5 to 10mm deeper into the arch!

Thanks guys, so if i understand this correctly the doors and wings will swap straight over and the outside rubber strip is the same for both. The only real differences are slightly flared front arches on the wings (will still bolt straight on though) and the inner door cards which i can swap to the ones currently on my doors.

I can pick up and pair of complete doors and wings for £110. Seems a fair price to me but your thoughts are welcome!!

One final question... my early 16v is Tornado red what colour was the later VR6 red?

I'm pretty certain the later ones were Flash red, if it's not a metallic...