Sign in to follow this  
cowcher

g60 running temp

Folks looking for a wee bit help, it seems to me that my corrado is running hot, does anyone know what temp it should be running at??

mines is around 110 on the dash (3/4 of the way up the gauge)

I thought this was to much but it wont change much even sittin at tic over with the cold air on??

thanks

craig

water temp? putting hot air on may help slightly. cold air wont do anything.

how old is your coolant? checked for any leaks?

Sounds very much like your Radiator fan switch is only working at the second stage, they seem to fail safe like this.

Just to add to this, it could be your fan is only working on stage 2 and not your switch (which is testable). I only say this because I've just replaced my thermoswitch and the fan still only runs on stage 2. New fan next ..

i replaced mine with a slimline fan and wired it to only work on fast speed.

maybe worth thinking about.

i replaced mine with a slimline fan and wired it to only work on fast speed.

maybe worth thinking about.

I did think about changing mine for a slimline fan and matching inline thermoswitch, possibly an adjustable one so I can vary the temp depending on the time of year. Thought it was a blt much though :)

ha ha yeah could be a little ott. mine comes on at 96 (oil temp) and seems pretty good for a cheapy to be fair.

havnt seen oil temp over 108 so im more than happy with it.

not had a hot summers day yet so havnt really pushed it so far

110 on the dash water temp is way to hot, i like to see mine around 90-100, usually fan kicks in and keeps it around that.

You can bridge the fan connector to check the fan is working, might be worth putting a manual switch in.

oil at 108 isn't to bad, but if its thats how hot it is in this weather without giving it to much beans then expect that to be 120 in the summer, maybe think about an external oil cooler, that will see it below 100 alot of the time.

thats after a good thrash down the a46. the golf used to go to 126 in the summer and that never spat its dummy out.

i have a mocal but took it off when fitting fmic. havnt bothered to put it back on yet, keep meaning to but some longer lengths of braided hose for it but i have a crap memory. maybe ill get on to it. thanks for the reminder :lol:

thats after a good thrash down the a46. the golf used to go to 126 in the summer and that never spat its dummy out.

i have a mocal but took it off when fitting fmic. havnt bothered to put it back on yet, keep meaning to but some longer lengths of braided hose for it but i have a crap memory. maybe ill get on to it. thanks for the reminder :lol:

Ah, thats fine then :lol:

Yeh, your temp question reminded me i've got my mocal sat in a cub board waiting to be fitted :lol: i'll fit it on my day off.