Sign in to follow this  
G60BoyRacer

16v G60 project

i am considering a little project..

Can anybody help me and give me some pointers. I am looking at putting a 1.8i 16v engine into my Corrado. I would like to fit my supercharger on to the 16v unit but am unsure what needs to be changed.

I exspect that I will need to put my original G60 pistons into the block, but what else. Do i need to put G60 Cams into the head or keep the original 16v cams. Does the g60 ECU need to be changed for a 16v one. What about the G60 pipes to the throttle housing, does this need to be modified, and will putting a supercharger on a 16v give the car more power.

Also, What bottom end would be best? 2.0i 16V Corrado engine, or a 1.8i 16v? what about the stroke? I understand that the Corrado engine just has a longer stroke.

Once this has been done, what does the engine need to be timed for a 16v or G60.

Any tips will be very helpfull, I exspect this must have been done before.

hello,

i dont think you can use the G60 pistons in the 16v block, because they either hit the valves or its th wrong compression cant remember which.

the G60 cam would nt work in the 16v head, i think shrick make some cams designed for force induction 16v.

you would have to use the g60 ecu or some kind of stand alone system.

you will also have to mount the alternator somewhere else, i think the original 16v g60 and the bahnbrenner conversions mount the alternator at the rear of the engine, but these were design for LHD cars, on RHD cars there is no room due to the brake servo and master cylinder

have a look at http://www.bahnbrenner.com they sell some parts for carrying out this conversion

also have a look at http://www.gtiworld.fsnet.co.uk/16V_G60.htm some useful info on there

Its a totally huge task!

ia m doing it at the moment!

for the money it will cost you could have an ihi roller turbo'd 20v engine in it!

But yet i am still doing it! :lol:

All i will say is do LOTS of research and talk to John and Jason on here who are running these engine,

and then to me in a couple of months!