Sign in to follow this  
simonoll

summer temp

Hi guys

now summers almost here and the suns out, the engins running hoter

not sure about you but i drive with the oil tep up on the dash and the water temp on the clock,

ever watchin um and keeping it below 85/90c, give or take on the water and today got the oil up to 110c

what kind of temp is every one else runing and what is considered a normal opp temp for the vr6?

cheers

By the way the analog dash gauge is the water and the digital temp gauge is the oil.

110 for oil is fine when on a spirited run and/or hot weather / traffic etc

My temps are same as Chris' but the water can read about 85-95 depending if im in traffic or not.

Yours sound normal to be honest

Thank guy's, just checkin as i have just put a new rad, oil cooler all new pipework, cluch, heater matrix, inner and outer cv joints and a 2nd hand 80000 mile engine, as when i got the car it had a blown engine and so a little over parnoid with every noise i hear and smell,

so far seams to be running sweet, for the moment.

I have similar oil temp on my 92 VR6 with 75K mles on it. Yesterday out side temp approx 84-87 F ambiant. My oil hit 116 F.(without AC) What oil temp. is when you really have to get worried...?

The engine is stock. Just replaced the Fan Radiator switch. I guess my radiator fan motor speed unit is bust & works only in top speed. I have a manual switch to get the fan working sooner.