Sign in to follow this  
Corrado Maxximus

Vr6 conversion

Hi,

From NZ, there's only 13 corrados in NZ (all 16vs) , thinking about a conversion and wondering whether VR6 fits under the early bonnet?

Or does it make better sense to go 1.8T

Cheers

a up

vr does fit under an early bonnet got a mate who has done it

as for vr or 1.8t

well for me thats your decision, they both have pros and cons

but if it was me vr everytime, and if you wana know why i would go vr one main fact, you just carnt beat the noise

people will say a vr will give you under steer :lol: in my exprience only when ive wanted it to for fun, and i can do that with argh lass pug 306 1.4 :cuckoo:

the other thing you have got to consider is what sort of power you are after, if your not looking for big power then maybe a 1.8t might suit you you can get a 1.8t and get over 210bhp with a remap and a couple of other things for not that much money, where as with a vr you would need to buy cams, six branch and a remap and you probly see around 220bhp but it would cost you more, sayin that how much can you get a vr or 1.8t for over there? as the price for a 1.8t over here is quite a bit moreto make the price difference up

but if you want big ish power then then i would go for a vr as you can see 360bhp - 400bhp with out realy having to touch the internals to much as long as you have bought a healthy engine

i know this sounds a little one sided but i do love 1.8t its just i wouldnt put one in a rado but when i get a mk2 project one day im deffo guna put one in that

1.8t/16vt/vr6 - mk2

vr6/4motion/r32/r36 - rado

i know not everyone will agree with what ive wrote but this is how i see it

but to be honest if you put either engine in it would be a good engine, id go for the engine you can pick up more easly and get parts for easly

soz for the ramblin :)

good look with the choice

perksy