Sign in to follow this  
G60 NUBE

Coilovers

Hello, I am looking for some new suspension for my G60 and I saw some Venom coilovers on ebay only thing is these seem quite cheap, Does anyone know if they are any good?

Cheers Rob.

I'd be waiting for the thread:

'Help, I've fractured my spine ..... how do you fit a wheelchair in a C ... ?'

They're cheap but cheap for a reason. You have to think that even VW spent a bit more than £40 a pop on each corner of the standard suspension. So what good are aftermarket parts for that price going to do ... ?

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Thanx peeps, I guess they be a bad idea then. Wot would you recommend for a nice ride, I dont want it to be to low. As i live in the countryside and the roads arent to good.Cheers

Rob.

i must be one of the lucky ones i brought some cheap coilovers(£140) as i was saving for some kw ones, and they have now been on the car over a year with no issues, i had more issue with koni ones :cuckoo:

i must be one of the lucky ones i brought some cheap coilovers(£140) as i was saving for some kw ones, and they have now been on the car over a year with no issues, i had more issue with koni ones :cuckoo:

Preaty much the same but had mine on for 2 months now and still going strong ( touch wood :lol: )

£140 raceland coilover for a mk3, I must admit the ride is a little hard but they ent going to be a perminent soloution.

I had £300ish Supersprint ones from Venom on my first G60 and they were on there for about 18months and several track sessions with no problems... they weren't the smoothest over bumpy roads, but were by no means horrible for day to day use... I think these are the ones that Venom commissioned to replace the supersport ones...

Preaty much the same but had mine on for 2 months now and still going strong ( touch wood :lol: )

£140 raceland coilover for a mk3, I must admit the ride is a little hard but they ent going to be a perminent soloution.

Check your top mounts and bushes in a few months... that stiffness gets transferred thru all the rubber (oo-er missus). i went thru a set of top mounts in less than a year, and that was on weitecs! mind you, the roads round my way are diabolical as i live on top of a massive chalk hill. they're more rut than road :(

to be fair the ones in your first link probably arent that bad.

like most things nowadays they are made by the same people but dont have the badge tax put on them.

for instance tesco's bog roll is exactly the same as charmin bog roll (my mate is an engineer at the place that makes it).

stiff suspension is a bad thing in terms of top mounts/bearings etc, but this is no different to putting big ass wheels on a car really, provided you accept this is the case and budget for it then why the hell not.

My first set of coilovers were a set of V-Maxx which cost about £350 - ok not as cheap as them but still the cheaper end of the market. Compared to the KWs i replaced them with they are worlds apart imo. The ride on the KWs are firm but well composed and certainly not unbearable on our terribly bumpy roads.

However the V-Maxx were noticably harder and i found them bouncy on normal roads. The quality didnt look bad on the v-maxx to be honest, but i didnt keep them long enough to find out how long they lasted.

I can only say that i understand people are on a budget, but if you have little to spend then go for a spring shock set up, which will allow you to get a better setup for your money. Rather then getting a cheap set of coilovers.

my 2ps.

Im not sure of prices. But Weitec are a favoured make or koni shocks with H&R springs being another favourite (had this setup myself and found them very good ride).

By the way KADVR is selling a set of Wietec coilovers for £500.

I have checked out h&R springs with koni dampers and the cheapest setup I can find is 750.00 is there another recommended make to try????

Rob.

I have checked out h&R springs with koni dampers and the cheapest setup I can find is 750.00 is there another recommended make to try????

Rob.

Really!? If thats right im shocked!

30mm will look ok, 40mm would be better in my opinion.

im sure if you have a seach for lowered 40mm you will find a pic of the same tyre/wheel size combo