Sign in to follow this  
poll250

Flywheel removal

Hi,

I've tried searching but had mixed results.

I've got the engine on a stand at the moment, but realised I'll need to remove the flywheel before I change the cams.

If I undo the 6 spline bolts on the flywheel, should the flywheel then just come off by hand or will I need to buy a specific flywheel puller?

may need a small amount of "percussive maintenance" with a soft mallet, but it should just come off reasonably easily once the bolts are undone... 8)

may need a small amount of "percussive maintenance" with a soft mallet, but it should just come off reasonably easily once the bolts are undone... 8)

Levering a bit with a big screwdriver behind it ok?

hi andy,

sorry mate i forgot to reply to your text, you dont need to take the flywheel off mate, look here for a guide on how to fo the headgasket

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92110

Hey Karl,

No problem!

My problem is that as the timing is being set, the flywheel will rotate, and at the moment the little locating pins on the flywheel catch on the arms of the engine stand. I guess I could just space it out with some more washers though so it doesn't catch anymore and lets the flywheel spin. I just didnt want to use too many washers.