Sign in to follow this  
sexybourbon

g12 coolant for 16v

just a quick question to the mechanics and info loaded people... iv just topped my corrado up but want to change to the g12 coolant soon and was just wondering where the best place to get it from was and also the benifits of it ?? my car runs normal until traffic then the heat comes and i get scared and put the heaters on full blast lol , the highest its been is 108 is this normal or high im sure this will help quite a few 2ltr owners out as to what exactly is the best way of keeping temp down

thanks guys any info would be much appriciated

i buy mine from GSF as i get a trade price - but some buy it from the stealers ( its the same stuff :wink: )

you need a 40% mix coolant to water. you need to use it to stop the block rusting ( it has an inhibiter to keep the system nice an pinky clean )

108 - is that your oil temp or water. if its water then its way too high and you also need to check your fan is kicking in around 95. oil temp is fine in standing traffic and can go higher.

ahh sorry kinda of dint make my self clear at all then!! the 108 is the oil temp on the mfa and i think the water temp is ok i havent had any problems anyway it just get hot scary quik some times and with it coming up to summer i wanna make sure its ready for it

ill check out gsf and have a look see i dont mind shelling out for the best

thanks for the help its made it nice and clear and put my mind at rest about the oil temp asweal if 108 is ok

cheers for the quik help mate

i buy mine from GSF as i get a trade price - but some buy it from the stealers ( its the same stuff :wink: )

It's way cheaper from VW now if you get trade, £4 as oppossed to GSF selling the Febi stuff for £7

If your water temperature rapidly gets to 108 when you hit traffic then your fan switch may only be working on the faster (hotter) setting. The fan is supposed to come on in two stages - slowly at first then at full speed when your water temperature gets really high.

I had a faulty fan switch that only worked at full speed so water temperatures would rapidly increase in traffic before the fan kicked in at high speed and brought them down again. I'd often walk away from the car at work with the fan going at full speed after sitting in traffic for a couple of minutes after a motorway speed commute.

108 on the MFA for oil temperature is normal and nothing to be worried about.

Neil

94 Flash Red 16v