Sign in to follow this  
krnau

coolant light flashing, possible causes?

Hi there, i recently filled the expansion bottle with TOO MUCH juice. Today, the coolant light started flashing very quickly (not the usual flashing I mean..), then it flashed in a normal way. It flashed only about 8 - 10 times, then it stopped.

As I thought it would be a bad contact between dash and it's plug, I pushed the plug into the dash and it hasn't flashed since.

Coolant temp was in the usual 80 - 90ºC and oil temp was OK too. No coolant has been lost / leaked.

may it be due to a high pressure in the circuit? or may I pray for that malfunction being caused by a bad contact between plug & dash?

thanks, I hope I've not fooked anything please!!

In my opinion if its been off and stayed off and you're not overheating, and have plenty of coolant left in the tank then i wouldn't worry to be honest.

Could've started flashing rapidly because you've overfilled it but should've cause too much of a problem

hi, thanks for your replies. I've done a 60mile drive this afternoon and it's not flashed again despite being stuck in traffic, etc..

I pinched by hand the lower radiator hose and I've heard something like bubbles going to the expansion tank.

thanks