Sign in to follow this  
krnau

oil pressure senders' wires. why are there 3 ??

Hi,

just on top of the oil cooler, oil pressure senders are found. However, I can see 3 wires but only 2 of them are connected. Is the third one like some kind of pre installation or wiring for the cubbyhole oem gauges? if so, does anyone know where can I find the other end of this wire (or if it's near the fusebox, etc..)??

3rd one reappears behind fuseboard under the dash, it's intended to be used for the 0-5 bar (or 0-10 bar) oil pressure gauge if fitted to the centre console. VW just made it as part of the loom, I guess it was easier to have one loom in case they fitted the gauge at the factory.

3rd one reappears behind fuseboard under the dash, it's intended to be used for the 0-5 bar (or 0-10 bar) oil pressure gauge if fitted to the centre console. VW just made it as part of the loom, I guess it was easier to have one loom in case they fitted the gauge at the factory.

hmmm is there any way to identify the fusebox end of this wire? I'm trying to make my engine bay look a lil tidier and I would use this wire instead of the one I am using now... because I have about 32496178234wires going from the engine gay to the interior of the cabin, it looks like a spaghetti party :lol:

it's the same colour at the other end :lol:

if you near the fusebox, somewhere around there should be the same colour (white/blue?) wire with a plastic connector block around the single spade connector, it's probably just dangling under there, it's not connected to anything, I'd imagine there was another bit of loom not fitted to the cars, I made up the rest when fitting my oil pressure and volts gauges.