Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

new wheels

Hey everyone,

My new rado has some 7.5 x 17 image 3 piece splits fitted. They were leaking causing the tyres to deflate, I split them and started cleaning them so i could reseal them. Any way long story short one of the wheels is cracked when i got it apart. They arent in very good condition anyway some im thinking about a new set. I havent a clue what type as theres so much choice.

I have seen these on rim style that I like the look of, and i would prefer 16's on it anyway.

http://rimstyle.com/products/packages/w ... dditional=

my question is you can choose a different off set form front to rear to make the rears stick out a bit further but which set to get that would suit a rado best?

Also I would like to fit some four pot brakes at some point, i had ibiza brembos on my last rado with 305 mm discs under 16 inch speedline comp 2's. Do you think a similar brake setup would fit under these? I know they fit under some and not under others.

if your guna go for them wheels and want a little more poke on the rear then go for a set with et 38 and et 25 and then you should get the look you are after if you want a little more poke you could always buy some spacers

Cheers, yeah i thought about the different offsets il have a word with the people who supply them if i decide to get them.

I really like the look of them to but your right they are just a rip off of the bbs which doesnt bother me however they seem quite popular so im still on the lookout for something a little different. Also i dont really go on ed38 so thats not much of a concern :lol:

I have been on the image website, however the udated version of mine are like 280 pounds a wheel so things like rim edges etc are gonna be quite expensive and id have to do all four plus the fact they are 17's and id much prefer 16's on it so i think it will be a new set of wheels. If im spending that sort of money fixing my existing ones id rather have a new set to my liking. However im trying to pick a set that will allow me to fit some fourpots up front also. Spose you cant have your cake and eat it.

Does anbody know how a 7x16 et40 or et 45 wheel would sit on a corrado as ive seen a few nice sets of rotas i think would suit it :nuts:

after looking i think theyd sit too far in.

You'll be the laughing stock on ED38 buying Lenso's :lol: despite them looking near identical to BBS'

Personally i like them! :D

i think thats a real shame, not everyone can afford to spend thousands on expensive wheels but may wish to upgrade to something a bit more to your own taste, and as a result you become a 'laughing stock', sad really.

As you said, personally i like them too.

You'll be the laughing stock on ED38 buying Lenso's :lol: despite them looking near identical to BBS'

i think thats a real shame, not everyone can afford to spend thousands on expensive wheels but may wish to upgrade to something a bit more to your own taste, and as a result you become a 'laughing stock', sad really.

As you said, personally i like them too.

Sure is mate. From what ive observed when ive gone onto ED38, it seems the adopted attitude on there. With the odd exception.

Your right it is sad, it personnally doesnt bother me im more bothered about going to a show and seeing 200 cars with the same wheels as me lol.

But for what it would cost for a genuine set of bbs wheels similar to that style and tyres, i reckon i could have them wheels and uprate the brakes and suspension for not too much more

Does anbody know how a 7x16 et40 or et 45 wheel would sit on a corrado as ive seen a few nice sets of rotas i think would suit it :nuts:

after looking i think theyd sit too far in.

yeah they would have bare tuck ive got a set of bbs rgs with et 45 (there for sale if you interested haha) and ive got 35mm spacers front and 45mm spacers back thats per side to get the perfect stance

If you like then thats what matters :shrug:

i think they look good to :clap:

Worth having a look at ronal LS wheels as well for the cross spoke bbs look - about the same price as the lensos but look a bit better imo (also worth more scene points aswell if that really worries you !!!!)

The main issues with the Lenzos is they are a fake wheel, they are heavier, built of a worse quality alloy, are unrepairable, unrefurbishable & have a much lower % resell value.. You could spend £1000+ on a set of RS's but still ask the same price for them when you come to sell - perhaps higher! This will not be the case with a used set of curbed & laquer peeling Lenzos..

Have you got a link to the Rotas? 10mm hubcentric spacer would do you fine..

Also got any pics of the Image wheels?

How can you have a fake wheel???? A wheels is a wheel, it may be a cheaper, less well constructed wheel but it is still a wheel, and the extra weight etc etc is a compramise you have to make for paying a cheaper price, a compramise that shouldn't make you a laughing stock!!!

Hey everyone,

Havent been on for a few days as my internet was down. Well i have gone for the lensos. I wasnt too sure what i wanted and decided to give them a try. I realise theyre a copy wheel but not too bothered tbh, i didnt have the money to splash out on bbs and these are a good compromise. Dont get me wrong id love a set of genuine ones but its just bad timing.

I havent decided which way im heading with the car yet but i think these will look good for now. I did like the idea of the rotas but i think the car will suit these more. Il get some pics up the car when the wheels arrive and i'll also get some pics up of the image wheels also.

Personally I think its quite sad that people look down there noses just because people opt for a more affordable product im sure everyone in an ideal world would take the bbs's but peoples different budgets etc affect this. Anyway watch here for pics lol :D

thes were the rotas i had in mind in a 7x16 http://www.rotawheelsuk.com/alloys_sub2.asp?id=29

Good choice imo mate. I think they look sweet. Cant wait for them to be fitted on the car, are they the same offset as the BBS's out of interest?

Saying that, the Rota's would look good too, but i think you made a good choice :D

Good choice imo mate. I think they look sweet. Cant wait for them to be fitted on the car, are they the same offset as the BBS's out of interest?

Saying that, the Rota's would look good too, but i think you made a good choice :D

Thanks mate, i cant wait to get them on now. They should be delivered tomorrow. They come in et 38 or et 25 or a mix of both if you want to get the backs out a bit further. Ive gone for 25's all round hopefully that should give me a bit of clearance for some different front brakes.

Yeah i did really like the rotas, but with them i would of been settling for what would fit as the nicer rims are 5x100 or weird japanese PCD's

they come with tyres new wheel bolts and locking bolts. I ordered them from rimstyle.

Infact they had an offer on as the came with a make of tyre called enduros but i could upgrade to yokohamas for a fiver per wheel so i did that :D

i got some of these for my bug last month i think there good quality and also dont care they are a copy

photo2.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

They look really good on the beetle mate and the beetle itself is beauty :luvlove: . Mine are coming with black centres.