Sign in to follow this  
DierWolf

Some Serious Help needed

2 years back i had a front end crash... and thanks to the guys at TheDubNutz its now back together after 2 years.

It would not start mechanic said it was the board inthe ECU and he got it started and running with a board from a 2.0 v6 Passat?

if i rev the engine at 3500rpm it seems as if it goes into rev limiter sort of thing (this is in neutral) while driving if i gun it it holds back...

He CLAIM!! the board is the same board and even the numbers match but i doubt this very very highly and i'm thinking this is the reason.

I've cleaned the MAF, Changed Fuel filter, Changed Plugs and Wires the only thing i havent checked yet is Arching at the coilpack, i'll do that in about an hour when it gets dark.

Really want her moving again...

ps as i drive if i dont gun it and go thru the gears and slowly give gas it will with no problem go over 3500 rpm, but if i want to take off fast like i used to burning tires in 1st 2nd and 3rd that dont work no more :(

ps its a 1993 Corrado Vr6 SLC.

Mark From the Caribbean.

think i better start lookign for a new ECU on ebay.

ive got a perfect working 1993 vr6 ecu. £40 plus postage.

i used it for 2 years so i know its good. (its a coilpack one)

let me know bud

chris

Got one off ebay.... Coilpack (which i thought i had all along) today i checked and its distributor!!! ARRGGGG will this work now??

another thing.. took out the radiator fan (belt was loose to the dummy fan) and after re-assembly fan doesnt come on period!! believe i have the wires on the temperature switch thats at the radiator wrong... can someone help me out please on how to wire (its 3 loose wires) Red, Red white and Redblack... think i tried every combo to no avail.. plus i dont know if maybe now that i unplugged the fan harness its not getting good connection (it used to be an issue before with the old fan but that was because the prongs on the fan itself were rusted away this is a brand new fan and was working fine before i took the fan shroud out)

how can i

1. test the fan

2. bypass that damn switching crap (maybe have it running at all times)

Well got screwed lol..

I dont have coilpack and got a coilpack ECU LOL.... alright the hunt is on for a Distributor ECU (Car doesnt start with the coilpack version)

EXACT same thing happening to mine at the moment, fine up till 3000rpm then feels like its hit the limiter and no power. We are going to get a new lambda sensor because we pulled it out and it made no difference to engine running and surely it should?! if it works ill let you know, should be done by the end of the week.