Sign in to follow this  
borders16v

16v Missfire, Any suggestions ?

Have done the search but havent found an answer yet.

When mines upto running temp Im getting a missfire,can be 10 mins into a journey or 50 mins?

If I pull over switch off and start again its ok again.

Have recently replaced diz cap,rotar arm,leads,plugs,fuel filter and cleaned isv. Any other ideas out there in 16v land?

Cheers for any suggestions,it s now starting to :censored: me off :salute:

yeah that didn't fix it , in the end i have cleaned out the MAF sensor crud all over it , still in the wet missfires .... till it warms up fully , lamba probe wires or the probe?

Raddoman

check your wires around the rear engine mount the lamba wires must not short out , yours sounds as random as mine mate , its even cleared before after a stint on full power (yours works on full?like mine will) its a strange one.

right think i found it mate , are you ready for this , there is a plug the goes to the lamba its down the back of the engine it might be full of water or have a bit in it or the earth might be rusty , fix that and your be sorted

right as you can't get down there to fix the earth , I ran a new wire up to the top also unpluging it you can get to the black wire , split it leave the wire joined then solder a new wire to it , then earth the other end this should fix it mate , also ABS light was on and there is this black long thing on the drivers side on the piller I cleaned the earth on that too a my ABS now works :clap: thats where i earthed the lamba onto

Glad your all sorted out now Raddoman. Thinkmine may be something else unluckily,had 2 broken lambda wires last year and fixed em,new earth was done also,im suspecting the fuel pump in mine,just cant remember which one was done 4 years ago :confused4:

Just done matrix so no job looks too bad when compared to that what a nightmare :lol:

Cheers for the suggestions dude,no harm in checking them out eh :salute:

where did you fix that on the rear mount for the engine? that nut get rusty as hell , i could not undo it , this earths it so its needed to run the lamba , yeah i went out for a run last night it was running a bit bad still but that cleared up after it got warm but then my plugs was maybe shitted up , from all the restarting , the garage did say it was my pumps but i dont agree mate , dont get a new one there over 200 quids , get a 2nd hand one if you want to try it , there is one for sale on here i think , your have to ask him yourself .

Raddoman

Mine was earthed on the front drivers side suspension top mount,well out the way of grunge hopefully. Found a spare pump so hopefully it`ll be the answer, doubt it, its a corrado so its never easy :nuts:

mine started doing this again , god knows whats up with it , right there is a 2 pin plug that goes to the MAS I unpulged it and shes runs ok a bit lumpy like but much better than only on full power, this is why i dont think its the pump , WUR might be next on my list of things to look at

no WUR on the KE-e jet system , I phoned steath racing and they wanted to look at it (too far for me ) so said to put it on vag com and find out what's up , defo somthing to do with lamba probe or Fuel Differental reg thats is the gray round thing with 3 wired plug on it

I know its been a while but eventually sorted it. A new dizzy and re-timed sorted it at last,and its flying again. Hope your all sorted out too Raddoman.