Sign in to follow this  
MissUse

ARP Part number

Does anyone happen to know the ARP part number for the conrod bolt kit. I'm finding 204-6006 everywhere but not sure if this is right for the 2.9 VR6 (ABV) engine? Cheers :)

Brill, cheers Dude. I was fairly certain but you never know sometimes :roll: I shall get ordering. Just outta interest, who did you order from?

CNC Motorsport. It was the cheapest I could find at $90.85, came to $101.80 when all was said and done. Even if I have to pay import tax it'll work out cheaper than the 95 quid english companies seem to want (if my shonky maths is correct! lol)

I have a set of ARP conrod bolts going if you're interested? Took my sump off to fit them yesterday, only to discover there was already a set in there.

Let me know if you're interested...

Say £80 posted?

They're still sealed in the packaging, but I had to rip the packaging into 4 pieces to fit in my luggage BTW.

Can probably post them tomorrow if you wanted. PM me

I have a set of ARP conrod bolts going if you're interested? Took my sump off to fit them yesterday, only to discover there was already a set in there.

Let me know if you're interested...

that's a nice surprise! 8)

Yeah! Bit suprising as it didn't have ARP head bolts (does now :D)

Sure saved me a bit of time.

Yeah! Bit suprising as it didn't have ARP head bolts (does now :D)

Sure saved me a bit of time.

:scratch: well that's a strange way round of doing things! personally i would be more concerned about replacing head bolts a fair bit before i thought about the con-rod bolts on a vr...

oh well - all is good now 8)

without mentioning names/garages etc - "someone" was running a supercharged vr that had the install done by a "reputable" garage and it was still using the stock head bolts!!!

perhaps not such a good idea force feeding an engine that has stretch bolts methinks! needless to say the car in question is currently off the road; shame really for the garage overlook something a simple as that.

Hi Andy. Cheers for the easy transaction mate :) They arrived safe and sound on Saturday morning. They are not yet in the car on account of having a mayhem weekend and a poorly daughter. Typical timing for our household :roll: but I'm sure they'll be in shortly. Cheers again. 8)