Sign in to follow this  
wag

?? BBS RS301 ??

So here is my question what tires sizes should i get and how bad will my fitment issues be with these wheels? Any one running something in these sizes?

2x 8.0 x 17 (1 "outer frame, 0.5" Star, 6.5" inside bed)

2x 9.0 x 17 (2.5" outer frame, 0.5 "Star, 6" inside bed )

Thanks!

Depends on offsets. Front you should be able to get a 205/40/17 on there with no problems. For the rears Ive just got some 9in rears and Im going to try 215/40/17's (currently 205/45/17). I know there will be stretch but if its too much Im going to change the lip for a 8.5in.

it depends how you want the tyres to look and how you want the wheels sat in the arches..

you could use:

185/35 on the front and 195/40 on the rear [big stretch]

195/40 on the front and 205/40 on the rear [mid stretch]

205/40 on the front and 215/40 on the rear [small stretch]

Fitment issues will alll depend on where they're sat in the arches, what profile tyres you go for and how low the car is..

Any one know what the largest lip that could be run in the rear with rolled arches. Right now i have the 2.5 and its just impossible to drive if i have anything in the back or if i have a full tank of gas. I was thinking of going with a 1.5 but was wandering if any one is running that size and what kinda of experience they have had with it or if any one is running stock RS301 if there is room for another half inch.

THanks

I run RS 301s. On the rear I have a set with wider dishes but only half inch wider at 8x17 ET27,I run 205/40 tyres. If the car is lowered you will need arch work.

with 301's i would not run wider than a 1" lip on the back. I run 1.5" lips on the back of my rs199's which have a 6mm higher offset than 301's and its verging on too much poke. But it all depends what you like, i prefer my wheels to sit within the arch.

Thanks for the information going to look for some OEM 1 inch lips then. You guys know if the 6.5 inch barrel will clear the rear spring?

the 6.5" barrel is standard on 301's and clears the rear struts with plenty of clearance. You could always try your front wheel on the rear to check :)