Sign in to follow this  
DierWolf

GOING BONKERS!!!! ARRGGGG

GUYS PLEASE HELP!!!

1993 Corrado Vr6 SLC 2.8.

had a crash (2 years ago) finally got it back together.... Mechanic said it would not start and it was "the board" in the ECU and he changed it out from another vr6 passat (SO HE SAYS) I DUNNO!

ENGINE holds back when you push it @3500-4000 rpm as you switch gears it goes higher rpm in higher gears.

i'm thinking whateve he put in is not compatible.

Now i ordered a ecu (thinking i had coilpack vr6) and got a 021-906-258 AT ecu ( naturally car doesnt start since its distributor)

here is my Delimma... the ECU casing in the car says 021-906-258 CH ... when i look that up i never get anything except on one site it says Golf 2.8 vr6.

now my question is.... is that the correct ECU number for my year / engine (AAA) i am asking this because i cant get a straight answer from this A-hole . did he change just the board (if so that means the chipset is changed as well) or the entire module!

Really what i want is to just dump the entire ECU and buy another one but I CANT FIND ANY with CH behind it.. only C. What do these letters at the back mean? is there a compatabile ECU? i've changed just about everything, plugs, wires, MAF (new oxygen sensor is coming) only thing i havent done is change the crank sensor.

Its very hard to try and diagnose something when in the back of your head you have this thing about him changing the board in the ECU and cant tell you from what it came or even give you back the old one he supposedly took out.

Agravated as hell, i can buy new stuff all day and this ECU thing would still be in the back of my head.... its as if it hitting a rev limiter at 3500-4000 rpm in 1st, 2nd gear.

some help on the ecu codes would be great as everything on the net is sketchy at best.... whats a compatible ECU number for my year/engine (AAA) vin? is the CH correct one? (only asking as i dot know if he changed entire unit or just the board, cant get straight answer... all i know is i bought a brand new ECU with AT in the back and car doesnt even start so i am guessing thats for the coilpack version.