Sign in to follow this  
poll250

Ball joints

Is there a special tool for fitting ball joints?

I got one on fine, but the other is just spinning and there's not much room between it, and the hub.

Is there some kind of short ended allen key, or do people just grind down normal ones?

Put your jack underneath the balljoint and jack the suspension up to put pressure on the balljoint pin(or till it start lifting car), you then should be able to do the nut up.

Sean

Brilliant idea cheers!

Dont't suppose you also have a good tip for getting the steering column into the steering rack? One side has a flat bit, and the other has a groove cut out and for the life of me I can't remember which should face the pinch bolt, and neither seem to want to go in!

Brilliant idea cheers!

Dont't suppose you also have a good tip for getting the steering column into the steering rack? One side has a flat bit, and the other has a groove cut out and for the life of me I can't remember which should face the pinch bolt, and neither seem to want to go in!

no probs

Not really but its needs to be spot on for the bolt to go through, the bit with the cut i assume is for the bolt, if so get a mate to wiggle the column while you try pushing the bolt through.

Its an idea, not sure if it helps.

sean