Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Nervous MOT time

Nice! Hopefully get that little lot sorted with no worries then! :D

Noticed ur in Cornwall mate, heading to RTTS?

Nice! Hopefully get that little lot sorted with no worries then! :D

Noticed ur in Cornwall mate, heading to RTTS?

Oh man i'd love to but my insurance doesn't start until the 29th, (my 21st birthday :D), permitting the head isn't cracked or anything like that, and the weekend proves to be busy anyway. Next year for definate :D

Ah man, no worries! Hope it all goes to plan for ya bud!! :)

Cheers! Just a small track on the head between cylinder 2 and a water gallery, so cams, tappets and valves out to get it skimmed tomorrow... The gasket was fine though, so Gasket: 1, Head : 0.

Cheers! Just a small track on the head between cylinder 2 and a water gallery, so cams, tappets and valves out to get it skimmed tomorrow... The gasket was fine though, so Gasket: 1, Head : 0.[/quote:24ixcxzq]

Now that sounds familiar. I had the same thing with mine a couple of years ago resulting in much head scratching to figure out why it was overheating (Pre Corrdo Forum days unfortunately). Twenty minutes with a 3 foot by 2 foot sheet of plate glass and some grinding paste sorted it out. 15,000 miles later and it's still as good as the day it was put back together. Total cost, a couple of beers because I was getting sweaty in the shed, but they were in the fridge anyway.

Cheers! Just a small track on the head between cylinder 2 and a water gallery, so cams, tappets and valves out to get it skimmed tomorrow... The gasket was fine though, so Gasket: 1, Head : 0.

Now that sounds familiar. I had the same thing with mine a couple of years ago resulting in much head scratching to figure out why it was overheating (Pre Corrdo Forum days unfortunately). Twenty minutes with a 3 foot by 2 foot sheet of plate glass and some grinding paste sorted it out. 15,000 miles later and it's still as good as the day it was put back together. Total cost, a couple of beers because I was getting sweaty in the shed, but they were in the fridge anyway.[/quote:j2o8eqnf]

Oh nice one, i'd never have thought of grinding a head down like that :p I was thinking this is the perfect time to put KR cams in or a KR head too but I don't have the time to wait for one of them :) We know a chap who will pick the head up, skim and pressure test it and drop back off the same day for £30 cash so that should be back within a couple hours. A good excuse to change the cambelt and everything too I guess ;D