Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Driven - new Lexus hybrid...

...next month

Just had it confirmed that I'm writing the product and launch training for the new small Lexus hybrid.

Next month sees me off to Belgium for a few days to drive it and all its competitors - been promised that there will be some more "exciting" cars to sample....LFA for me please :D

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this Andy.

I work in the fleet industry and should get my hands on a CT200h myself sometime soon. Hybrid only though I have heard, our Lexus contact said no plans for a hot version in the similar vein to the IS-F...shame.

I wouldnt be surprised if (or more likeley when) Lexus becomes a hybrid only brand.

Yes, it will be a hybrid only model. Got reams of internal documentation / information and must admit it looks like a very appealling car, will be interesting to see how the drive compares to the competition, should know better at the end of June after my 2 days with the car and its competitors.

Big challenge to Lexus is ramping up the volume and stopping the rot with customer service, their standards have dipped and they are very keen to reverse the trend.

yes it seems to tick quite a few boxes, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the car.

As for reversing the trend, i think you are right, standards have slipped and recent steering recall on the LS hasn't help either!

Currently at the Toyota test facility in Belgium and on day two of evaluating the new car - all I can say is that it is deeply impressive.

Styling is typical Japanese but shutlines, even on the early build examples (full production does not start until December) were tighter than on the A3's and 1 series on hand for comparison.

I'm sure that many people will assume that its merely a Prius in a different set of clothes - the Prius I drove was awful in all respects next to the Lexus.

Without a doubt the highest quality car in the C segment and its a car that you could buy on its own merits and not just because its a hybrid