Sign in to follow this  
C. Will Corrado G60 2

Storm wiper - install query

Got hold of a storm single and tried fitting it today, but have a couple of issues.

The first issue is the mech is hitting the car body and seems to be moving around.

The second one, is when fitting the wiper. The bonnet hits the wiper arm. Seems like I have the wrong arm.

Does anyone have experience of fitting one of these kits on a early bonnet corrado?

Cheers

I had one of these for a short while on my last Corrado.

I agree there is a bit of a design flaw with these and most of them require a bodge to fit. My problems began when I fitted it and the linkage fouled the scuttle panel near the wiper motor. So to compensate I changed the spacers round (of the part that the wiper arm connects to). Result being that it then fouled the bonnet. I finally got it to work after a bit of fudging but on full speed it was clunky.

Took it off, sold it on ebay and bought Lupo wiper arms !

I have Lupo arm now, but want to clean up the look of the car. The guys at StormSipers were very helpful and said it just needs a bit of spacing out and should work fine. I'll update you when I play around with it.