Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Robotnik

Spoiler related ABS woes? Please assist!

Firstly I apologise if someone else has already had this problem or I am looking too far into it, I have used the search but nothing came up, but feel free to point me in the right direction :D

Well, ever since I got the car, the ABS light would come on after driving about 5ft down the driveway, I checked all the abs sensors with a multimeter, all showing about 1100~ ohms, but the other day I noticed there was a thick red wire tucked underneath the battery (?) so reconnected, and the ABS light stayed off! (Probably the ABS pump or something? Or perhaps that's why vag-com wouldn't connect to the abs ecu) But now, it seems when I hit 45mph and the spoiler starts going up, the ABS light comes on. Sometimes It'll wait till about 50mph but it's always between 45-50 the light comes on, am I right in thinking these are related or am I barking up the wrong tree? (I've checked fuse 16, that's all good, as you'd expect if the lights and spoiler worked)

However there is considerable corrosion on the multi-pin plug into the abs ecu itself (The windscreen had a pretty bad leak when I got it) I cleaned that all up, didn't really make a difference, but would it be water in the abs ecu itself causing it to have a hissy fit and best to replace that anyway? Or where should I start? :)

Sorry for the rambling, I explain myself well, don't I :D

I look forward to your replies!

Cheers!

Ben.