Sign in to follow this  
unitfight

g60, power flacking off on full throttle

basically, when i hold it at half throttle and accelerate slowly, it goes well, but when i floor it.... it doesnt go well :shrug:

i dont really know where to look?? fuel pressure seems good, timings ok, new leads cap n rotor.

i thought it could be the throttle switch. and idea on how to test it? i put my ohms meter accross the pins, and it picked up resistance for stage 1, but nothing for stage 2 of the switch?? could it be knackered on stage 2?

i also thought it may be lambda sensor?? anyone had a similar thing happen?

im desperate to get it sorted as the power loss is making me itch :bad-words:

belt seems really tight, so im guessing its not too long. its not cracked or perished either.

how can i tell if dampner is cream crackered??

should be getting a vacuum guage soon so that will tell me if there is a slip in boost.

should i get a new belt either way? can anyone give me a part number for the correct belt for running a 68mm pulley?

cheers

There is a way of viewing boost through the MFA using a secret procedure. Only problem is it's a bit hard giving it beans, keeping an eye on the road AND keeping an eye to see what boost pressure you're getting. Info on the procedure can be found about 1/3 of the way down this page:

http://www.matey-matey.com/g60-guide.shtml

have a look round the pulley area...if its slipping there will be a good amount of black dust laying about

i run the std belt on mine with a 68mm...no issues