Sign in to follow this  
Hewes

Spoiler comes up slowly?

My spoiler comes up really slowly and sometimes not at all, not even manually! However the sunroof does work? Any ideas of where to check first? Cheers

Prob needs cleaning out. Apparently there is a 'how to' somewhere around here but i cant find it :confused4:

Does anybody know where the how to is? I've had a look and tbh I don't know what I'm doing let alone where to start!

Cheers

Its incredibly easy to dismantle, clean up and re-grease - probably no more than a 20 minute job, I did mine and just used common sense

Damn, you're good Andy - mine took ages :lol: Where are you based Hewes, there might be someone nearby who can help?

Im currently in the middle of fixing it, however common sense has avoided me right now. Andy is right, the taking it out is easy but a squeeze, getting it broken down into parts and cleaned is easy, but, and that's a big but, make sure you remember how to get it back together, make sure the cables run freely in the tubes every step of the way, this means trying the manual wind all the time just to be sure.

My current experience has me frantically trying to find why its gone up and jammed hard. I spent all night after i got in from work tonight trying to get the thing working right, two strip downs and its running smooth as butter. Then, just as i thought the day is won the spoiler goes up on the motor and jams at the top, even the manual wind doesn't work. Any advice for this?