Sign in to follow this  
Gangstarr

255 calipers for 280 ?

You'll need to swap the entire set-up - carriers, calipers, pads and obviously fit new 280mm discs in the correct stud pattern.

It is possible to retain the calipers but you need to use thinner pads as the 280mm disc is thicker than the 256mm discs (280 is 22mm thick, 256 is 20mm thick I think).

Probably a good idea to fit new front flexi hoses while you've got the braking system apart too, and an ideal time to upgrade to braided hoses if you haven't already.

HTH.

Tom

So as long as the calipers are 4 stud & i replace them with 4 stud it will be ok ? i dont need to do any drilling or use any type of adaptor ....

how much you want for them & is it a straight foeward swap m8y ?

i paid £50 for them... bought them as 288 but turned out to be 280 they came off golf vr6 can post pic tomorrow! calipers nothing to do with 4 stud the disks you buy will be the key!

Ile prob have them m8 can you get a price for the postage & ile have a look at the pic tomorow and let you know .

regards mich

Ile prob have them m8 can you get a price for the postage & ile have a look at the pic tomorow and let you know .

regards mich

Sure sort it out tomorrow post pics then PM you

Here are some pics they are not in bad shape, but i think they could do with some new seals. you could always get them down to Big Red for a refurb they make them look so good! 8) http://www.biggred.co.uk

postage to anywhere in the UK is around £15 express or standard £10