Sign in to follow this  
mcbettermanpj

ABS Brake Pedal Distance Sensor Colour

Hi

I'm having issues with my dreaded ABS light - it once again stays on and has done since the snow at xmas which caused my Corrado to be stationary for a month due to my old knackered water drinking engining freezing due to lack of anti freeze which finishing it off which I replaced.

Anyway after having being told the ABS light was down to my Front OS sensor (already changed the Front Near Side and Rear OS Previously) I replaced it only for my ABS light to still stay on. AFter another trip to the garage and a sparky checking all the codes and sensor it was determined that my very hard to get hold of Brake Pedal Distance Sensor was faulty. I managed to get hold of one and have now fitted it but that ABS light refuses to stay off. Does anybody know if there is any significance regaining what colour tip the sensor has as the one i fitted as a blue tip and the one I took off green?

Oh MOT tomorrow so guess it's a failure :(

Kind Regards

Mark

Yep, as far as I know you should put on the colour of the old one...

New ones should come with 4 tips but if you've not got these I would suggest re-using the one off the old one.

Thank you for that. Just changed it over and still no joy. The one I swapped it for was about 1.3mm longer and had to push the sensor really in hard to get it flush. Hope it didn't damage anything as a result of that.