Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Passed MOT but, Need Rear Beam Bushes, How much?

Hi all.

Good news is she passed again.

But the advisories are that rear beam bushes are nearly shot. This could explain the recent unexpexted tail out moments. :D

I have asked my local guy for a quote as this is not a job I would want to take on and he has the VW tool for it. But before he comes back to me with a quote, It would be nice to know a ball park figure for replacement with VW ones, (not powerflex).

each oem bush costs about £35 each.

some debate on how easy to replace, if all goes well half a day labour, issues can arise though depending on condition under there - siezed brake regulator bolts, fused brake lines etc

Cheers, Well he has quoted me 5 hours at £35 an hour and £60 for the bushes, That cost will include any possible issues with dropping the beam, So I recon its a deal. Sheers for the response fella.

yeh lets hope so, mine didn't end up that way tho :lol:

Hi ... probably too late to be any help ... I'm now in the same situation ... VW/Audi at Bradford on Avon say that fitting original bushes can be very tricky but fitting Powerflex bushes is a breeze ... actually that wasn't quite what they said ... best wishes

I would go to the dealer and get the bushes myself and just give them to the garage to fit, other wise you may end up with ropey bushes..........would be a shame to skimp on the bushes what with doing all that work, the general consensus on this forum is to always fit genuine oe rear bushes to maintain the passive rear steer effect............ :salute: