Sign in to follow this  
iMation

Clutch Cable

Now then peeps,

Right, this morning my clutch cable decided to fuck me off and destroy its self.

Now this wouldnt ave bothered me as much but i only replaced the cable on tuesday night :S The plastic bit that connects to the pedal just shatterd.

I have ordered another one but i really dont want to be replacing cables every few days.

So a few questions really.

The cable is for a 1.3 cl mk2 golf and fits perfectly. My car being a Golf G60. are there any stronger cables available or does anybody know of any metal ended cables?

Secondly, convert this bitch to hydraulic? is it possible?

Cheers

Hi, All Corrado's and G60 engined Golfs got a hydraulic clutch setup so I'm guessing it's a conversion..?

The cable setup should be fine although not feel as nice as hydro so I think there must be another issue like a worn clutch or engine mounts. I assume the gearbox is an 02A?

Converting to hyro is posible but lots of work, you need a pedal box, new resevior, cylinders and the pipe work and then you need to drill a hole in the bulkhead and also fit a plate to strengthen it (this is a must or you will get too much flex - we found this when doing an ABF conversion on a mates Driver)

Hi, All Corrado's and G60 engined Golfs got a hydraulic clutch setup so I'm guessing it's a conversion..?

The cable setup should be fine although not feel as nice as hydro so I think there must be another issue like a worn clutch or engine mounts. I assume the gearbox is an 02A?

Converting to hyro is posible but lots of work, you need a pedal box, new resevior, cylinders and the pipe work and then you need to drill a hole in the bulkhead and also fit a plate to strengthen it (this is a must or you will get too much flex - we found this when doing an ABF conversion on a mates Driver)

yeah it is a conversion.

TBH i think the cable plastic bit as fucked or faulty.

Im gonna look into getting a metal end machined so i know it wont snap