Sign in to follow this  
v8rumbler

headlamp switch

When I turn on my sidelights there is a green indicator lamp which illuminates on the switch. When I then turn on main beam the green light goes out :shrug:

Before I take it apart what should it do and any idea what could be wrong?----I have the early type rocker switches.

Does the switch simply prise out of the dash?

Bewilderingly that's what it's supposed to do. There's nothing wrong with your switch.

Bewilderingly that's what it's supposed to do. There's nothing wrong with your switch.

Thanks for that---so why does the green light go out?

LOL, yep that's the sidelights indicator as explained in the instruction manual...

You have a working headlight switch!

As I say - I've no idea why the light bulb on the switch works how it does. I think the green light is meant to be there as a reminder if you have the side lights on during the day. Doesn't work though - I've suffered a few flat batteries for that reason.

As I say - I've no idea why the light bulb on the switch works how it does. I think the green light is meant to be there as a reminder if you have the side lights on during the day. Doesn't work though - I've suffered a few flat batteries for that reason.

Shouldn't be enough to flatten a battery though mate - left mine on a few times for 8 hours or so and always had enough juice to start the car!

Shouldn't be enough to flatten a battery though mate - left mine on a few times for 8 hours or so and always had enough juice to start the car!

This was on my first valver which had a tiny crappy battery on it! Haven't done it since :)

[...] why does the green light go out?

why can U operate only one window at a time?

why do you have to pull up the door pin you have previously pulled down?