domwells27

Domwells27's G60 - One year of ownership

Hi all

Had this about a month now, its my first one, and loving it. Fairly standard atm, but got plans for it. Desperately needs a supercharger rebuild soon, then its time for a custom supercharger outlet to go with my FMIC i've purchased. Got a few little problems but gives me something to work on.

Had a quick clean this moring but could do with a proper polish and wax.

1005951n.jpg

1005953.jpg

1005955.jpg

1005959o.jpg

1005957.jpg

Edited by domwells27

Wow that looks really clean! Any plans for the outside of the car?

Wow that looks really clean! Any plans for the outside of the car?

I'd like to lower it on coilovers, but would have to change the splitter for a 50mm one so I can get over the giant speed bumps at work! Borbet A's would be nice in the future but need money for mechanicals at the monent

Well after a few quiet days at work I've finally got round to making my DIY charger outlet. Here's some piccies to show the progress.

imag0009q.jpg

imag0010hp.jpg

Just roughing out the profile

imag0013l.jpg

Inside profile machined out.

imag0015l.jpg

Air channels milled out and blended (really badly!)

imag0128ax.jpg

Finally, o-ring groove machined and fitted with o-ring

If your wondering about the weld I was convinced the hole was should be 14mm. Only later found out it was 8mm :epicfail: Had to make a bush and press/weld it in. D'oh!

Just ordered the plumbing for it so should hopefully be able to fit it next week and test it out.

Also got some Koni suspension waiting to be stripped and re-painted. My car desperately needs lowering so cant wait to fit these!!

Been a while since I've updated this post. Got my DIY charger outlet fitted, god that original silencer box is a b*****d to remove! Can't say i've noticed any better response but boy does it make the charger scream at top end!

imag0156i.jpg

I've also reconnected my crankcase breather back to the supercharger inlet (rather than the bottom of my engine bay).

imag0157v.jpg

Also some other small jobs done like fitting uprated headlight loom, new cluster bulbs.

Still got plenty on the to do list:

Repair both door handles

Fit my Koni suspension (at long last)

Fit remote central locking kit

Change the heater blower motor and foliage seal

Do all the mounts

Get the cambelt done

Swap my 90mm for 50mm splitter (courtesy of CazzaVR)

and get some legal rubber on my new wheels:

imag0137bi.jpg

Plenty to be cracking on with and no doubt some more things will crop up as they usually do! and its MOT time come March so better pull my finger out

Dom

Right so time for a little update. Plenty been done since my last post:

• Swapped my 90mm for a 50mm front splitter (thanks Andy :thumbleft:)
  • Got some bargain Lupo wipers from the 'bay
  • Got some fresh rubber on my black sebrings (thanks for the wheels kerrly)
  • Had some Koni Top Adjustables fitted
  • Fitted a Toad remote central locking kit. What a nightmare that was! Good to finally have locking on the remote now
  • Had the cambelt done at long last!

Took her in for her first MOT in my ownership at the end of March. Very nervous experience! Failed on a few suspension issues. I had some Koni TAs in the shed so had them fitted, along with new top mounts and CV joints at the front.

The difference in handling is night and day compared to my original, shagged suspension. Just grips and grips around corners and I've now got the confidence to put the power down through the bends, something my last suspension couldn't cope with. The ride is a little firm to say the least. I think the dampers are adjusted as firm as possible so I'll have to have a fiddle I think.

Here's a little pic just to show the new wheels, splitter and ride height. More to come once she's had a much needed wash over easter.

imag0174n.jpg

Oh, and had a little chuftie from the MOT man. Once he had dropped my car back off he said it's the only Corrado he's driven and he said it was brilliant. He even started looking at prices on ebay :cool:

I'm thinking of cleaning up the brake calipers but can't quite decide what colour to paint them. I think yellow would look really good under black wheels but not sure if it will be a bit chavvy. Any ideas?

Edited by domwells27

It's looking excellent, Dom. Love the Sebrings- any more pics?

Cheers! No other pics at the moment I'm afraid. Car is completely filthy and embarassing quite frankly! Got 11 days off so think I'll treat her to a proper going over, may even clay her for the first time

how about green callipers ?

Not too sure on green tbh. Kawasaki green could look good on the right sort of car, but probably a bit garish for the C. Not too sure on a dark green either.

After an eye watering £65 fill up I decided I would take it easy this afternoon on a short trip back through the country. Managed some good mpg but jeeez it was one slow journey!

imag0181a.jpg

Here's some quick pics I took whilst away in Dorset at the weekend. Looking a little unloved after the drive down and being parked under a blossom tree.

imag0182u.jpg

imag0183u.jpg

Well it's my birthday, which means that I've owned my first Corrado for a whole year.

Easily the most fun car I've ever owned, and love the rarity and attention they sometimes receive.

I've used the car as my daily and it's never left me stranded (touch wood!). Still needs some work but happy to keep spending the money if it keeps rewarding me. Next up could be a stainless exhaust from longlife as they're offering me it for £299.

Thought I'd give her a birthday wash with my birthday goodies (snow foamer and drying towel). Just drying in the sun:

1007973.jpg

Here's to another years happy motoring! :thumbleft: