Sign in to follow this  
Josh Waddi

Quick Window Q

Hi

Managed to get a replacment window in but i cant got the levers in with the white runners to keep the window straight, ive searched for a fitting guide and the link its dead, does anyone know how to replace a window or a alternate link to the guide?

Thanks

what are you trying to do, exactly?

to replace my window, the other one was smashed so it came out easily, ive got the new one in but its not in propely. i need a fitting guide or advise to complete the job.

Thanks

yes, but I meant... where are you finding difficulties? If you post a pic I can help you

yes, but I meant... where are you finding difficulties? If you post a pic I can help you[/quote

]

Haha, my bad, sorry mate no pics, laptops died so i only have work PC.

ive got it sat in the middle runnder but theres 2 lifters with white rollers in which keep the window straight, i cant get them in. need to know how please

yes, but I meant... where are you finding difficulties? If you post a pic I can help you[/quote

]

Haha, my bad, sorry mate no pics, laptops died so i only have work PC.

ive got it sat in the middle runnder but theres 2 lifters with white rollers in which keep the window straight, i cant get them in. need to know how please

so you can't get the white rollers in their place? shouldn't they get in by the end of the guide? sorry I can't understand :lol:

Yeah thats the one, the white rollers need to go in their place but theres not enough movement to get them in, or is this something i should have done when putting the glass back in, like a all in one job.

would you recommend taking it out and starting again? do the runners go in place when placing the window in or can i slot it in then get the runners in?

its proably not going to make sense, :shrug: :help: :cuckoo:

Yeah thats the one, the white rollers need to go in their place but theres not enough movement to get them in, or is this something i should have done when putting the glass back in, like a all in one job.

would you recommend taking it out and starting again? do the runners go in place when placing the window in or can i slot it in then get the runners in?

its proably not going to make sense, :shrug: :help: :cuckoo:

stolen from club corrado canada:

window_rollers001.jpg

The first thing you must do is remove the door panel then remove the lower clips that sit where the arrows with the 'c' under then are pointing. You will need to use an awl or something to push the centre pin out of these clips or you will fight and fight and get nowhere. I just pushed the pins right into the door shell and picked them out later.

Once you have these clips out you can carefully pull the inner liner off of the door shell but make sure not to rip or damage the plastic liner or you will have water leaks. This is what is known as a wet door, water is supposed to leak in then drain out the bottom so check the drains and make sure they are clean.

All you need to do now is to pull one of the big arms towards you and the arm will pop out of the roller. Now you can just roll the roller out the side and then clean the inside of the track. I put new grease in there and put it back together and snapped the arm into the new roller. Now do the same and you are ready to put the door back together.

was this what you needed to know? if not, http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p ... -%29/page2

hope it helps :salute:

Cheers mate, thats exactly what i wanted, now im just waiting for this dreadfull weather to clear.

I would buy some aftermarket regulators if I were you, seriously. who knows when oe ones will fail :gag: