Sign in to follow this  
TLC-G60

car condition

I know this is random, but everyones car on here looks mint. I love mine, but it bothers me that the underneath is so rusty (chassis) and the other odd bits of paint rust marks. Then interiorly there is the odd thing that reminds me of how old the car is...like the window buttons, one is coming wear from the door cover.

My husband only paid £600 for the car, but is mine the only one on here with these niggly imperfections?

It's starting to look really nice but I see all your photos on here, and you all make me sick! In a good jealous way.

(I am appreciative of my car FYI)

Charlotte.

That's the best part of owning one. Collect little pieces here and there to make the C that little bit better.

You'll get bored with a perfect C in the end :lol: it keeps you busy

Yeah it does get better, its just so frustrating as I want all the things I want to do it done on it...now! lol.

Tell me about it! Still feels like I've got a long way to go but it's getting there!

I enjoyed fixing the little bits (it's jobs like taking out the sunroof and realizing the new one you brought is just as bad annoys me!! :censored: ) :lol: but it's all good fun

Pictures hide a thousand imperfections. I've seen a few cars advertised which look great. But when I've arrived and seen them in the metal they have been terrible.

Also, yes there will be quite a few stunning examples on here but you've also got to bear in mind this is an enthusiasts forum and people on here are more likely to improve their cars over time.

Yeah I do enjoy it too...painting the calipers today took me 2 hrs but I loved it. They're perfect though. My sunroof doesn't work but I'm not fussed that yet. My biggest annoyance is the supercharger...its never been serviced. So I need to get that done. Did consider learning and doing it ourselves but I'm going to use g werks and I don't mean this rude but it all costs so much...then i want (need) a chip and pully and I've already spent £400+ on it and have only had it 2 weeks!

I know this is random, but everyones car on here looks mint. I love mine, but it bothers me that the underneath is so rusty (chassis) and the other odd bits of paint rust marks. Then interiorly there is the odd thing that reminds me of how old the car is...like the window buttons, one is coming wear from the door cover.

My husband only paid £600 for the car, but is mine the only one on here with these niggly imperfections?

It's starting to look really nice but I see all your photos on here, and you all make me sick! In a good jealous way.

(I am appreciative of my car FYI)

Charlotte.

I live in a rough area, so my G60's probably never going to get a much needed respray. For the next year or so, just going to concentrate on the mechanical soundness. If you sort out anything that's rusting, keep the oil fresh, and refresh the front and rear bumper fixing bolts. Other than that make sure the charger gets a new mini-belt before you can save up for a full charger rebuild and I reckon you won't go far wrong. :D

Charger Removal & Rebuild

http://www.kompressorkanada.ca/node/46

http://www.g-werks.com/Site/Default.asp ... ces_glader

Another G60 fan - Yay :clap:

G60 fan hell yeah :-)

Good idea about the belt. I'm going to get the cat removed too. Pointless.

I'll be sorting the paint out in the next few weeks.

Just looked quickly at those sites, useful, thank you.

is mine the only one on here with these niggly imperfections?

No, don't lose heart! A lot of the people on here have had their cars for years, it takes time and some spare cash to get them looking good, had mine 9 months and i've a long way to go yet, main thing is they're in the hands of people who want to maintain and improve em :salute:

Replace the bumper fixing bolts? Never heard that before, are they an issue?

MMmm - look at these - :pale:

Easy to tell if your need sorting, just get out your toolbox and pull a few, (one at a time of course ! Watch this, you don't want the engine falling on Ya)

Any of these puppies showing signs of rust, just replace with brand new ones. Cheap and easy unlike most of the Corrado parts :D

Pic shows examples of the main front bumper bolts from my 2 corrados.

2010 08 02 - Main Front Bumper Bolt Updates - IMG_3424.JPG[/attachment:19i4hsmn]

There's 4x main big bolts,

N 903 059 01 - Bolt Front Cross Member Main Bolt x 4 - £2.17 each

2x mid bolts and

N 106 408 01 - Screw Front Cross Member Middle Long Bolt x 2 - £0.66 each

2 valance bolts.

N 101 417 01 - Hex Nut Front Cross Member Valence Middle Short Bolt x 2 - £1.28 each

Total for the front about £16 inc VAT.

I used copper grease when fitting the new ones too.

Not got part numbers for the back ones yet :D

Replace the bumper fixing bolts? Never heard that before, are they an issue?

what is it with those, on both my cars the nearside front bumper fixing bolt seems to sit in a little sealed chamber of water, the older car's one was rusted to buggery and the newer 8v one was nearly as bad, drivers side seems better, must somehow be related to the battery tray area collecting water I reckon and somehow the water makes it's way down into the inner wing area where the bolt fixings are :shrug:

the rear bumper fixing bolts get corroded into the bumper mounting bracket even though they look fairly well tucked away, definitely worth inspecting on any Corrado.

:lol: not just me that takes pictures of rusty nuts and bolts then

Corrado sickness. There's no known cure yet! :lol: