Sign in to follow this  
dannyboy

overfuelling a bit!!

hi guys

After driving back 750km from passau in germany i noticed that the fuel comsumption real world was alot worse than the display. the display said i was getting 7.6l/100 when i was driving between 100-110 km/h but the tank was empty after 420km!!(brimmed tank!) :shock:

So with a little time on my hands it was time to investagte!! :scratch:

Good place to start,the exhaust!

Bingo!!!

Photo0032.jpg

Overfuelling quite a bit!

Right time to find problem :brickwall:

found one prob

Photo0016.jpg

Only the most important hose on the car!hose was very soft and internal diameter is bigger due to wear.

Photo0013.jpg

So off to VW to get new hose.Came next day

Photo0009.jpg

8 euro

After last time i got a hose i decided to check length(last time they gave me hose 96cm long!)excatly 1m 8)

Then out of curiousity i put the old hose and new hose together and found a shocking discovery

Photo0020.jpg

Photo0021.jpg

Old hose was two cm too short

New hose on,took her for spin and....

Photo0031.jpg

all good again.......until next time :norty:

Which i/c should i run guys?

this one?

Photo0023.jpg

or this one?

Photo0024.jpg

Heh - yeah that hose is important and well worth buying a new one - good pics!

I don't know what it is but every original one I have removed from a G60 is 2-3cm short of what it should be - maybe they shrink with age / heat?? 2-3% is not hard to believe...

Yeah i would have said the same too! doesnt help the most important pipe in the car thats made of rubber being above the hottest pipe on the car,great thinking VW! :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Gives me an idea,what about putting a bit of heat insultator around the pipe,might make it last bit longer?hell im pretty sure that i could use silicone hose,so long as its tough enough? :)

anyone know what vw this i/c is off?bought it years ago never got round to fitting it cause couldnt decide which i/c to use :roll: Came with pipes too!

Photo0027.jpg

Photo0026.jpg

other i/c is off a merc sprinter which doenst seem too bad a fit!

also this will be fitted until i start my little project,gettin rid of that leak prone charger outlet box

Photo0028.jpg

and might as well recon these two babies,left one has had quite a bit of porting :norty:

Photo0029.jpg