Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Headlights turned off whilst driving

not great, coming home in the dark lastnight and i was certain i could see my headlights flickering very slightly, not a constant flicker but one min a little dimmer, then after a while they would flick back to normal.

then they just went off all together, turned them off and back on again with headlight switch and they came back on for about 5 secs then off again. Flicked switch off and on and they came back on, so quickly got home and left it.

could this be an earth fault or the switch again?

am getting to the point now where i'm seriously considering giving up with the car, Seems to have more problems and annoying bits then bits i enjoy now. :(

could it not be the loom going? i had a good couple of months of the car choosing not to give me either dipped or full beam before i managed to get it changed - the connectors/relays werent well wrapped and had just given up from what i could see..

could it not be the loom going? i had a good couple of months of the car choosing not to give me either dipped or full beam before i managed to get it changed - the connectors/relays werent well wrapped and had just given up from what i could see..

i have wondered this, if its the wiring getting old, i have one of the upgraded looms from the forum but never fitted it.

Justs makes me worry what other wiring might be getting old and past it :(

had a play with car lastnight and found out, the sidelights work, the full beam works, foglights work, its just the dipped headlight beam not working.

also the switch in dash doesn't illuminate anymore, so guessing its the switch :(

will be taking a trip to VW with this switch and the receipt and my bad mood :lol:

TBH i'm seriously considering leaving corrado ownership now, fed up with all my money going to the germans

or alternatively try someone else's if you know anyone nearby? VW may not have them in stock to compare to.

still not got round to checking anything, just not been driving when its dark so far.

i have noticed the lights on switch do actually still work, so all i am missing is the dipped beam on both lights