Sign in to follow this  
Rinse

Narrowly avoided some bad luck yesterday...

So my workplace caught fire last year and since then they've had to re-locate the canteen to a temporary portacabin thing, which takes up a whole row of car parking spaces. So with this using up 10+ car parking spaces and the lack of car pooling the carpark will be full by 9am. Since my employers don't give a flying :censored: about their employees we've been told "If theres no car parking spaces you need to make your own arrangements". Which is pretty hard considering we're in the middle of an industrial estate... So people park outside on the road, no problems with the law since there's no road markings etc and its a pretty wide road so two cars can pass even with cars parked at the side of the road.

Monday was the first day of having a lateshift with the Corrado. Came in early and got one of the last spaces.

Tuesday I see people have already started parking on the street so pull up behind my colleauges mk4 Golf who had just pulled up.

Come out of work at 6. We walk over to the cars and his wing mirror had been absolutely obliterated! No note or anything left for him either. Poor show! Had tape in the car so taped it up for him and giving him a hand looking for one off a car that's being broken. I had been so paranoid about parking my car on the street due to this exact thing happening. Could have been alot worse for him, and If he was 2 minutes later or I was earlier I'd have had a wanted ad up on here. :nono:

Just wanted a wee rant but actually so annoyed and regardless that this isn't the first time damage has been done to a car due to the issues with the carpark our employer still have no plans to do anything about the issue and just ignore complaints. Oh and I've seen times where the carparks full our Centre manager sometimes just parks behind people and blocks people in the carpark. :eek:

Oh yeah, and we've found (what we hope is) a safer place to park.