Sign in to follow this  
C5 OEM

misfire-coilpack-fixed

Got a misfire on my 95 vr and wondering can vagcom identify the fault....?

thinking it maybe the coilpack...?

advice/opinions would be great

thanks andy

Im guessing with the rain we have been having thats whats brought the misfire on, coilpack or HT leads, take the coilpack off and inspect it if theres cracks in the casing then time to replace BUT ive heard that even with no cracks the inside can still be foobared

If you look under the bonnet with the engine running when it's dark do you see any arcing?

Have you checked the condition of the plugs? Checked all the leads are securely on? Washed the engine bay recently - any chance of excess moisture in there?

Im guessing with the rain we have been having thats whats brought the misfire on, coilpack or HT leads, take the coilpack off and inspect it if theres cracks in the casing then time to replace BUT ive heard that even with no cracks the inside can still be foobared

I dont think VAG-COM can identify the coilpack could be wrong though, good luck finding your fault

happened on the way home from edition and found one of the leads was knackered and was broken. fitted the new one today but still the same...?

Yeah it will fit mate but probably worth getting a new one as that one might be a duffer too, GF got one for her VR from ECP £120ish i think for a BERU one

Yeah it will fit mate but probably worth getting a new one as that one might be a duffer too, GF got one for her VR from ECP £120ish i think for a BERU one

just spent 100 on genuine ht leads..!!! :brickwall:

so is there any other way other than replacing of testing if it is the coilpack...??

Glad to hear it fella where did you get the new one from in the end??

gsf in swinton, £70.. they do sell german ones for 120 plus vat but this has 12 month warrenty and i`ll give it a go..

dealer was 185 plus vat... :gag:

Tut Tut, Come on Andy thats poor form on a part like this :lol: Glad its sorted though matey, lets see a pic with the new leads on then 8)

Tut Tut, Come on Andy thats poor form on a part like this :lol: Glad its sorted though matey, lets see a pic with the new leads on then 8)

i bow my head in shame...already been told off by gareth... :D just couldn`t do another 150 after buying the ht leads..!!

doing some more cleaning on the bay before the pics, and painted my dipstick to match..god i`m sad...

Nope its all in the detail buddy :lol: will keep my eye out for a dipstick. Has Neil on here got one???? in breaking section.