Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Show us yout boost gauge

Can you all show me what you have done to get your boost gauge in to your G60. I want mine in, but I don't want to be cutting big holes in the dash or nothing. I want it nice & subtle, looking like a factor fit job, but it's proving rather hard to get it anywhere like that.

Help needed people!!!

Cheers

Dan

download.php?id=3405

Just a bit of a mod... :wink: :roll: (about 4 hours plastic welding work!)

Not quite what you're after, but I thought I'd show you anyway... :lol: 8)

:oops: Cheers... 8) I messed about with the illumination colours too so that the switch symbols are red, and the back lighting was blue... Although I've now got unfiltered white light instead of the blue 'cos I changed my mind again... :roll: :lol:

I'm pretty sure that G60JET has a gauge pod on the A pillar of his car which is another way of doing it... 8)

Ian, is that speaker below for a hands free??

Yup, Nokia bluetooth hands-free built in :wink: 8) The control switch is on the bottom switch blank up by the vents... 8)

nice one mate... looking forward to seeing the end results, hows the car? anywhere near getting back on the road??

I like that idea Amy, It's probably a better location for the gauges than in mine as they'll be more in your line of sight 8)

I had the problem that I'm putting a TV head unit in, so I couldn't put my gauges there, even though that was my first choice location... :)

How much of a problem was it to put the head unit down in the cubby hole?

I like that idea Amy, It's probably a better location for the gauges than in mine as they'll be more in your line of sight 8)

Thats what made me move them couldnt see them at all!!

How much of a problem was it to put the head unit down in the cubby hole?

Not much at all :wink: just got the hacksaw to it and chopped it straight in half lol :shock:

i have mine sat in a single tim pod on top of the dash. it fits in the corner nice in front of the speaker. the pod cost around a fiver. it puts the gauge in line of sight which is what you want when doing 15+psi

the gauge is a autogauges blue jobbie. ill try n get a picture tonight.

i have mine sat in a single tim pod on top of the dash. it fits in the corner nice in front of the speaker. the pod cost around a fiver. it puts the gauge in line of sight which is what you want when doing 15+psi

the gauge is a autogauges blue jobbie. ill try n get a picture tonight.

Yeah that sounds like the sort of think I think I might have to go for in the end mate. My boost gauge I have matches my clocks which is a plus. I just didn't want to put a hole in the dash. :?

I have mine in the glove box. For the simple reason that I didn’t want to put make any holes etc. I know it sounds silly. It is a digital gauge and it stores the highest output. The gauge is very easy to read and is a bit of a stealth install as it has a black facia and when there is no power its hard to spot. Obviously its not the best position but all I'm interested in is the max boost so I know my charger is healthy. The only problems are that it doesn’t read Vac and its not in an ideal position. I already have the oil and Volt in the usual spot.

Just a bit of a mod... :wink: :roll: (about 4 hours plastic welding work!)

Not quite what you're after, but I thought I'd show you anyway... :lol: 8)

Henny that looks really sweet how do you get the plastic to look as it was there from day one. And in only 4 hours

as mentioned earlyer this isnt really in line of site with them being low, but i found this in ETKA and then went looking 4 a picture, im not sure if its availible in the UK as i havent asked the Stealers yet.... but food for thought anyway..... this mounts on 2 lugs on the roof of the cubby hole so as i have a 91 G60 i would have to change the center console or mod my exsisting console..... like i said just food for thought :)

as mentioned earlyer this isnt really in line of site with them being low, but i found this in ETKA and then went looking 4 a picture, im not sure if its availible in the UK as i havent asked the Stealers yet.... but food for thought anyway..... this mounts on 2 lugs on the roof of the cubby hole so as i have a 91 G60 i would have to change the center console or mod my exsisting console..... like i said just food for thought :)

i belive these panels are now obselate from vag.. they do crop up on e.bay but beware are not cheap !! i still got 2 in the wrappers though complete with blanking grommetts too. :lol: :lol:

i belive these panels are now obselate from vag.. they do crop up on e.bay but beware are not cheap !! i still got 2 in the wrappers though complete with blanking grommetts too. :lol: :lol:

yep obsolete since oct 2002

so how much for one then darren

im not selling them for now sorry but i also have a second hand one i will sell if my idea of fitting a carbon panel works... ill keep you posted..