Sign in to follow this  
Fingers

The beast lives!

Hi,

Have owned a Corrado for about 6 years now. Unfortunately for the last 4 it has been SORN off the road, and patiently waiting for me to get around to restoring it. We didn't need the two cars, and couldn't justify running, tax , insurance etc.

However things change, and the misses has a new job. we need both cars again.

About a week ago it was picked up by my local garage - was litterally dragged of the drive way - the brakes had stuck on. Felt reaaly sad, as I didn't know what the damage was going to be, and if I would be able to afford to get it back on the road. Made me realise how much I love it :(

It hadn't been run in at least a year, as even topping up the battery, it wouldn't start. I thought maybe the starter motor had seized.

So, the garage jump started it, fired first time!!! All it needed was disks, pads, and a power steering pump! Amazing, they don't make them like they used to. Passed its MOT.

A few minor things to sort, clutch a bit sticky, and missfiring, but not bad at all. So now the work starts on getting it sorted. Have bought up a few bits - bonnet, boot, wing. need a respray, an would like a newer interior, but she is back.

The funny thing is that the kids seem to adore it as much as I do.