Sign in to follow this  
Big Adam

20vt into corrado, How?

i know this question has been asked before but im thinking of putting a 20vt into my c and want to know how to do it.

-what do i need?

-what needs to be fabricated?

-are the engine mounts the same?

-are there certain engines to avoid?

-and generally what needs to be done?

any advice/links are welcome :D

just drop engine on original subframe points (mounts) and job done :)

Fabrications - downpipe, ic and wires, you can use qpend and downpipe can be bought from the as well, there is nothing scary about it, no fabrication to engine mounts or gearbox are needed.

One very good advise for conversion. The easiest way is to buy whole car, mk4 1.8t written off or something like that then you have all the parts you need. Use all you need, sell the rest and if you sell it well your conversion parts can be very cheap. My friend just did similar think over half year ago. He bought cat D audi S3 smasched in back of the car for 2,5k, used all parts he needed and sold the rest on parts for almost 2k so his conversion cost him 500 quid :) just go on ebay and check prices of BAM engines themselves, its the best way to do 1.8t conversion.

this cant be right, am i failing to see sarcasm!? just drop the 1.8t from a mk4 straight into the rado, withought changing the gearbox or anything no way can it be that simple surely!!?? just be careful buying a writen off car as the engine may be knackered especially is it has rolled and oil hasnt got into the engine whilst running....