Sign in to follow this  
jgcable

ITG Maxogen Cone Filter

I think this question might be important considering many G60 owners change their air intake systems.

I bought a Eurosport intake system which includes the heat shield, the billet flanged pipe (it bolts directly to the G60), and it came with an ITG Maxogen 3 stage cone filter. Its the large gray one with the ITG logo on the side in white.

I contacted ITG tech support and spoke to 2 different guys because I have been told by a few guys on the Vortex and other forums online that this filter will damage my supercharger because little pieces of foam will break off and mix with the oil and form a paste which will ruin my supercharger.

Both of these technical support guys said that the ITG Maxogen filter is far superior to any type of paper, cotton filter and that the one that I have is made specifically for the Corrado G60 and as long as its clean, it will not damage my supercharger.

I am thinking that maybe these guys who are telling me to REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY think I am talking about a foam sock like the style we used to run on the go carts. The ITG Maxogen filter is very high tech with multiple layers of protection.

I want to know if any of the guys here are familiar with this filter. First of all, its a $90.00 cone filter (thats just the filter itself) which in my 33 years of wrenching cars means it must be good because you really do get what you pay for when it comes to air filters.

I am attaching a link to what the ITG Maxogen filter is all about. Sure, some of it is probably marketing but there is no way they could charge anywhere from $90.00 to $130.00 for a filter and post specs like these that would damage a motor.

Anyway... I am not trying to justify my purchase, I just want to post the specs and get more opinions. I have no problem going out and buying a paper cone filter like a K&N but I don't want to if its not necessary.

BTW.. I have read a few articles stating that the oil in the K&N filter will damage the supercharger.

I have read many more positive reviews on the ITG Maxogen filter than negative ones. Actually, the only negative comments have come from the Vortex and the Corrado forums. Again.. this isn't a foam sock. This is pretty high tech. Here is the link to the specs.... http://www.itgairfilters.com/content...ection=trifoam

What do you guys think?