Sign in to follow this  
1991corrado

Engine lacking!!!!

Hello,

I could be wrong but since i put a second hand engine in my corrado this weekend the car feels that it has lots its go. I put a like for like KR 1.8 16v engine in it, i kept all my original wiring including dizzy etc, kept both manifolds and fuel supply, yet when i pull away the car feels like has lost its instant go, it feels really slugglish, the tick over is around 700rpms. Could this be a tuning issue? or fuel issue? There is no misfires or anything that seems to be out of place, the car is reluctant to start when cold but fine when running. I have been driving a pug 205 1.4XS while my beast has been off the road and i actually miss the pug since gettin the raddo back which i know is very very wrong.

Please can anybody shed any light on this issue??

1 last thing does anybody know which sensor on the right hand side of the head controls the temp gauge as that has stopped working?

Thanks

Mark

clean your throttle body that might help? im not very good with sensors and stuff but im sure someone will give you a hand shortly!

I think it's the top front one, however they are the same and you can check by swapping the wires around to see if another sensor wil bring the guage to life.

Timing was out. There are 2 more holes for the dizzy bolts to go into, swapped about timed up and its a million times better. Big run after work to test but feels better already. Temp gauge not working next.

Cheers for the help guys

Mark