Sign in to follow this  
Ka`

Infinity Basslink

Hello there,

Could someone supply me some pictures of where and how the Infinity Basslink is mounted?

Have you drilled into to the boot floor to secure the unit with the screws?

Any help appreciated

Cheers,

Rica

Have had mine sitting in my room for about a fortnight now as I havent decided how to mount it yet. :?

Have had mine sitting in my room for about a fortnight now as I havent decided how to mount it yet.

ha ha, ditto..mine too. i did have an idea of trying to strap it to the back of the rear seat but its just too big. Think i will have to make a false boot floor to mount it on...

DONT go screwing it into the metal on the right hand side... that be the petrol tank :shock:

Remove boot carpet and replace with felt covered MDF and screw basslink to MDF

JD thats what im gonna do when i buy mine!!

all well and good, but its a bugger to get a big bit of mdf that is shaped to the boot, out of the car anyway....then try it with a basslink screwed to it!!!!

i had that on my honda and vowed never to make a similar design...im gonna try putting a hatch it in for the spare wheel this time.

All you need to do is use some sticky back velcro on the four feet and mount it on the boot carpet, it wont move anywhere.

I had mine fitted this way for over a year without problems and I think it is still in the car now, ask Jim.

HTH,

Rob.

all well and good, but its a bugger to get a big bit of mdf that is shaped to the boot, out of the car anyway....then try it with a basslink screwed to it!!!!

i had that on my honda and vowed never to make a similar design...im gonna try putting a hatch it in for the spare wheel this time.

errr well that would make sense really lol, sorry mate but come on how could you not make a hatch for the spare!

errr well that would make sense really lol, sorry mate but come on how could you not make a hatch for the spare!

yeah looking back it was a really stupid thing to do but hey i was young and still learning..... :oops:

just wanted to make sure no one else made that mistake

Certainly loud enough.. i've turned the gain on the sub down to about 20% cause its just TOO bassy :)

jims16v,

Thanks for that... Am not good with imagination of what it looks like mounted

Cheers,

Rica

Sorry for not getting this sorted.. will get a snap took tomorrow!! Promise!! :)

jims16v,

*lol* I see you've wired your 6x9s the same way as I have! I take it they're using the OE cables :)

I am going to pull some 'proper' cable through when I rip the insides out.

I didn't imagine that the Basslink takes as much space as it seems to in your pics.. And how is it

bolted to the floor? Did you just drill in to the body, or have you some sort of piece of MDF/whatever

you bolted the screws onto?

Cheers in advance,

Rica

Sticky back velcro, as brookescourt mentioned.

jims16v, is it just the hook side of the velcro gripping to the carpet or have you got velcro stuck to the carpet as well?

Mine is now in the same way, I put some velcro on the back support bars as well to secure it to the seat. Seems to stay in place so far...

woah... white and clear basslink! :shock:

I thought they were all black like this one that I'm just about to fit... :wink:

Mines the same as yours Henny, think I got it from the same place too with the free wiring kit. 8)

Im pretty sure Jims is an Infinity Basslink X, same except the case.

the early ones were black, the newer ones are clear...thats the only difference.

i was gonna sell mine cause i couldnt be bothered with making a boot floor... now its as easy as velcrow though...i'll get it in asap...all my wires are there , should be a 20 min job