Sign in to follow this  
warren

REAR WIPER NOT WORKING !?

Hi all,

my rear wiper has decided to give up,i can hear the intermittent click from the motor, but no movement from rear wiper blade?

any ideas?? fuse is fine. :?

If your getting power to the motor, I would try disconnecting the linkage to the motor, then if the motor moves, its the wiper arm mechanism thats seized, if not, surely its the motor thats fubar'd.

over the last few days i did notice that the rear wiper was getting a bit delayed once operated, nothing would happen, then while driving along it would suddenly work, but once switched off it would be fine and work when operated. now i have nothing at all :confused4: as i said, i can hear a click every 30 odd seconds, as if it wants to work, but no wiper movement, need it in this weather too :roll:

The rear wipers on these cars are the stuff of witchcraft, absolutely no chance of working out whats going on with them, mine works great but im too scared to use it, last time i tried it it was still going with the ignition off.

Maybe i should have said they are like women - nuff said.

ok, so had a little look at the rear wiper today, the relay is working fine as i can hear it click, checked the nut on wiper arm, thats also fine,i tried to operate it by the stalk, and nothing, double pushed the stalk, (to turn off) but can still constantly hear the relay clicking :confused4: does this only leave the motor to be the problem? typical, heavy snow today, and could do with the rear wiper!!