Sign in to follow this  
Graeme_Winter

Coilover Advice for a 2Ltr 16v

Hi everyone just thought i would post this topic to get some advice on which coilover suspension to go for. for my Corrado. I am working with a budget of about £200, so can anyone give me some tips on which ones to go for??????

Cheers Graeme

Hi Graeme

Your best bet would be to read the "suspension discussion" thread, there's loads of info on there. But probably mainly for the more expensive coilovers or spring and shock setups.

Though as ive always advised, if you're budget cant stretch to one of the more expensive set of coilovers £500> you'd be better off getting either a second hand set of coilovers and which ones will depend on whats available. Or you could get a second hand set of springs/shocks set up.

To be honest, and this is speaking from experience, the cheaper coilovers - V-maxx, hot tuning ebay jobbies, are terrible, they ride badly, very crashy and god knows how long they'd last.

My advice is either save up some more £££ or keep an eye out for a second hand set of coilovers/springs and shocks.

Hi everyone just thought i would post this topic to get some advice on which coilover suspension to go for. for my Corrado. I am working with a budget of about £200, so can anyone give me some tips on which ones to go for??????

Cheers Graeme

i think anyone who rides around on £200 suspension is a danger to other road users tbh, save your pennies and get what a corrado deserves! i mean for the sake of another £200 (which you can probably save in a month) you may aswell get something sweet like fk etc...

Well Iv got some 40mm lowering springs in the garage for it, so might just put them on for now while I save me pennies!

Unless they're for the appropriate shocks i wouldnt bother, as you'll just knacker the shocks due to it bottoming out all the time.