Sign in to follow this  
daniboy1_2_3

9a engine

Can anybody tell me how to identify a 9A block, what numbers should be stamped on it etc. I have been offered an engine out of a 2.0L 16V corrado but he doesnt know what it is.

Can anybody tell me how to identify a 9A block, what numbers should be stamped on it etc. I have been offered an engine out of a 2.0L 16V corrado but he doesnt know what it is.

if whas taken from a 2.0 16V corrado, its defo a 9A engine

I actually started that thread and i still havent found out a definitive way of telling if a block is a 9a block. Icant physically inspect the one i have been offered as im away with work so was hopeing someone might be able to tell me what numbers stamps to look for, cheers.

Is the engine type not part of the engine number? Mine is a KR and the number coincidentally starts with KR!

Is there any chance that somebody with a corrado with a 9a engine fitted could have a look and see what i should be looking for please?

i can take some pictures of my engine bay.

but i think that could be more usefull some one out there to say what to look for. :shrug:

Easy as pie mate,KR mills have '1.8' stamped on the back of the block under the exh.mani. as 9A valver mills have '2.0' stamped on their blocks in the same place.