Sign in to follow this  
4eyes2wheels

S3 or R32

Is that an 05 R32 (guessing near £10k) or the mk4 ? The latter being much cheaper on TAX? Will the R32 not be ragged?

Are dirty diesels out of the questions?

I'm in a similar boat so watching this thread with great interest.

The right R32 turned out to be a mk5 on a 56 plate with full VW service history, new tyres, parking sensors, heated leather in Deep Blue Pearlescent. An approved used VW so a little peace of mind. Can't wait for the Mrs to pick it up so I can "make sure everything is ok with it".

The right R32 turned out to be a mk5 on a 56 plate with full VW service history, new tyres, parking sensors, heated leather in Deep Blue Pearlescent. An approved used VW so a little peace of mind. The budget was increased to get something newer, as it is going to be the "sensible" car! Can't wait for the Mrs to pick it up so I can "make sure everything is ok with it".

(Whoops - quoted the last post rather than edited it - :epicfail: )

Wanted to grab some good knowledge, whilst being polite. Went over to the TTOC forum and found one of my query posts deleted; rude. Anyhow, lots of you guys seem to have daily runners, or simply a second car, and many have tried the Audi's. Does anyone have good or bad experience with the 3.2 engine; any exp with the quattro, and anyone has probs with the DSG? Would you steer clear of the DSG?

Cheers guys

(nice to see the forum still going).