Sign in to follow this  
samthegram

Show us your oil catch tanks!

I have one to fit and know where to run it from but wondered if people have pictures of theirs installed?

Where do you mount/locate the tank itself, and any tips on hose diameter/reducers/t-pieces?

photos appreciated.

P.S Mine is a 2ltr 16v

I've the feeling that k-jet metering head flap etc .. uses these oil vapours for self-lubrication. This may not be true though :lol:

Why are you using one? to eliminate starvation?

Just for neatness I suppose, also to keep my inlet system clean and to seem how much oil the engine is throwing out.

The oil in the breather system (if that's what you're talking about) is a mixture of different things. It includes:

- unburnt fuel vapour and burnt fuel in the form of hydrocarbons that has leaked past piston rings before they have sealed against the bore (called blow-by),

- oil mist that has been vented from the crankcase to keep pressure down and reduce pumping losses.

It recirculates into the intake so that it can be properly combusted the next time around, instead of venting the noxious gases to atmosphere like they used to do.

So, in short, it's designed that way. But if you want to buy a catch can and dirty it up with vapours and stuff so be it.