Sign in to follow this  
matt18t

4 wd corrado

Hi

I have been messing about with vw's for years and have just bought a Corrado as my next project. I have an R36 engine sat in my garage which I will convert to twin turbo but I need to know if its difficult to convert the corrado to 4wd. Any advice would be welcome.

here is my mk1 golf

r36 twin turb'd 4wd corrado, go on get in there. and bloody hell that is a very quick golf :notworthy:

Its even quicker now and in that video I am only booting the car in 3rd. Does the qtr in 12.78 cant wait to try it now I have had the turbo rebuilt and a lsd put on

Hi

I have been messing about with vw's for years and have just bought a Corrado as my next project. I have an R36 engine sat in my garage which I will convert to twin turbo but I need to know if its difficult to convert the corrado to 4wd. Any advice would be welcome.

here is my mk1 golf

Have a look on vwvortex and look for Dave Paster or his build thread if he has one. He built a 500bhp VRT with 4wd etc.... 8)

Yes its going to an interesting build and after doing a full stipdown including media blasting the mk1 I am hoping this will be a bit more straight forward.

I will sort out a build thread as I am going to be taking the engine out of my 16v corrado next weekend and then the work begins. Cheers to everyone for the links and advice so far, my biggest worry is the 4wd as its not something I have any experience of. Does anyone know if the old S3 box will go onto the R36 housing as that may be the way to go.

to reduce the spool up time although I will be using K04s I can get them running without being on the limit so will have some realiability as well.